Coconut Chocolate Chia Cups
At Umbrella, we believe in the concept of bio-individuality – one persons food is another persons poison. What works for me, may not work for you. So, together we tune into your body and choose foods that are suitable for you. No dieting, just sustainable lifestyle changes!
I am highlighting this because one of the most common question I hear from my clients is, ‘but how do I stop chocolate and sugar? I hate dieting.’ When we start working together, there are no restrictions. Yes, we move away from processed and artificial foods. Yes, we cut out a lot of unhealthy sugars but you start to learn how to choose quality foods. You eat wholesome foods that are packed with nutrients and don’t make you feel sluggish or tired. Your energy levels go up, your skin glows, and you still get a healthy dose of delicious treats that don’t comprise of empty calories.
Today, I would like to share one of my new chocolatey recipes that is not only gluten-free but creamy, crunchy, chewy, smooth and satisfying, all at the same time! You see, you can have chocolate 🙂
- 40 minutes
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- ⅔ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions for Crust
- Add all the crust ingredients to a food blender and blend them until they clump together.
- Place mixture into a bowl and roll into 12 evenly sized dough balls, as pictured above.
- With your hands, place the dough balls into the cupcake holders and begin to press from the center and up the sides until the dough covers the cup in a thin layer.
- Refrigerate crusts while you make the chocolate filling.
- 1 ½ cups rice milk
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup dark cocoa powder
- 6 pitted dates (if you like it sweeter or thicker you can add more dates)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions for Coconut Chocolate Filling
- Place all the filling ingredients in a blender and begin blending.
- Blend on high for approximately 30 seconds. Then scrape the sides of the blender with a spatula and blend until the mixture is a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Scrape pudding into a bowl and then spoon into the crusts.
- Refrigerate the cups for at least 8 hours and enjoy!