A Simple Healthy Homemade Nutella Recipe
I have rarely come across anyone that doesn’t loveeeee Nutella! How many of us can confess to have eaten half a jar at one point in our lives? We start with one teaspoon and then it suddenly becomes 2.. then 3.. then half a jar (or is it a full jar – Who is keeping track anyways. I mean this addictive substance actually has a day in the year, February 5th, that is dedicated to eating Nutella, trying Nutella recipes, sharing Nutella memories and confessing our love for Nutella. In case you would like to partake next year, it is called World Nutella Day.
However, as much as most of us love Nutella we are all quite aware of the calories and unhealthy ingredients it is made of… I mean some of the listed ingredients I can’t pronounce. So, what if I can share a healthy, simple, easy-to-make recipe that comprises of 100% whole foods and only 4 ingredients! Would you be curious enough to try it?
- 10 minutes
- 1 cup of hazelnuts, skinned
- 2 teaspoons pure dark cacao powder (you can add more if UR taste buds prefer a more bitter taste)
- 1/4 cup rice milk (almond or coconut milk would also work)
- 3 to 4 teaspoons rice honey (reduce or add based on UR sweet tooth)
- Roast the hazelnuts for 10 minutes at 200 C.
- Let them cool off and rub them together using a paper towel to remove the skins off (if a few stubborn skins won’t come off, don’t fret).
- In a food processor, blend the nuts until they’ve turned to butter, then add all other ingredients and blend until it’s smooth like Nutella!
- If you do like a bit of a nutty consistency, don’t blend the hazelnuts too much.
- Make sure to refrigerate.
Now enjoy it with your favorite fruits (bananas, strawberries, blueberries to name a few), a slice of wholegrain bread, or grab a teaspoon and eat it straight from the jar!